As I’ve said in another post, I’d like to travel the country. I hope this isn’t just a series of blog posts, but more of a plan. Here is a list of a few of the things I would like to see in Chicago:
- Skydeck: Willis Tower is one of the tallest building in the western hemisphere and the Skydeck sits on the 103rd floor. The glass box extends just over four feet outside the building, giving visitors the opportunity to see four states. Although I’m afraid of heights, I think it would be fun to see once…just once.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: My favorite painting, A Sunday Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat, calls the Art Institute home. A variety of artistic mediums offer visitors an international walk through history. There is so much to learn and experience at the Institute.
- Wrigley Field: One of the most iconic sports fields in the world is home to the reigning champions, Chicago Cubs. After over 100 years of a curse, the Cubs have finally won the World Series and the city remains electric about it. There is an intimacy and old school feel to the field that I’d love to see again.
- Holy Name Cathedral: The cathedral is the home of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago and looks absolutely gorgeous. The thing I would like to see most is the Resurrection Cross.
- Architecture Tour: When it comes to the beauty of a city’s architecture, Chicago does not disappoint. It has a rich history and a variety of styles. Chicago architecture tours are a must see for visitors.
- Chicago Shakespeare Theatre: For my 22nd birthday my mom and aunt took me to see King Lear and it was AMAZING. The theatre is intimate, the stage is basic, but the actors, directors, and producers do a beautiful job bringing Shakespeare to the modern world.
There are a million and one things to do in the big, beautiful city of Chicago. These are just six of the things I’d consider to be must sees when I go. For all of my Dream City Trip posts click here.
If you have any other ideas for me to check out in Louisville, write them in the comments below. Please subscribe to see more Dream City Trips and maybe one day, a real trip!